Tuesday 27 March 2012

Happy 12 Week Birthday

I did it!  I made it to my 12 week birthday!  Let's party!  Bring out the cake!  Okay maybe some of you aren't quite as excited about that as I am but this means more of the world is opening up to me.  I get to go more places and do more things!

Lets' recap what happened in week 11.

Now that I am a little bigger, weighing in at 12.3 lbs, I get to spend more time in the daycare playing with other puppy or really any dog that will play with me.  My favorite game is getting them to chase me so I can see how fast I can run.  Sometimes I even launch into the air to jump on things to throw them off my trail.  It's pretty funny. The only bad part about the puppy silliness is sometimes I do funny thing and they are caught on video.  It can be a little embarassing.  Case in point...the video below.  I was playing with my new border collie friend, Rayne, when I thought I was being super sneaky running into the pack of dogs only to be met with the fence first.  No worries, I bounced off and kept playing.  Won't make that mistake again!

Of course the trade off for playing is helping my mom with office work.  I find accounting particularly boring so I chose to have a nap instead of reading all those numbers.

I've started to develop funny little habits and my own personality.  My mom thinks I am pretty cute no matter what I do.  She does spend a lot of time laughing at me.  My newest trick is to do a full body stretch when I get out of my crate before we walk anywhere.  The clincher is when I look up adoringly at my mom.  She is a sucker for that!  I must say it does show off my figure nicely.

Like I said, if all I do is look up at my mom (or anyone else for that matter) with a tilt of my head and my melt -your-heart brown eyes, I can get a treat anytime.

I have settled into the house and the daily routine.  My favorite time of the day is breakfast and supper.  My mom put me on some new food and I LOVE IT!  Before I would play around while eating and investigate my sibs food (by the way, that is not allowed) but now I just about do back flips for my meals.  I have been watching Slice lately and see that she jumps in that air to get higher than Porters head in order to get her treat.  If your taller your more important she told me.  No problem, I can do that.  So I have started the jump in the air like a papillon hoping to get my treats first.  No such luck.  I think she just wanted to get me in trouble.

It has taken me a while to find my favorite resting spot but now I have a list of three; my mat in front of the fireplace, on the arm of the couch beside my Mom and the Papillons or sleeping with my Dad's slippers.  Any one of the three places is great for a long nap but sleeping next to my humans is my favorite.


My biggest accomplishment of the week was finally getting my brother Pint to play with me.  Once again, caught on video.  This is the first time we have really played and the best part is we played all day!  I have to be careful as my teeth are still really sharp, so no nipping at the wee dog.  Good news is, looks like my big boy teeth will be coming soon.  Hopefully the next video you see of Pint and I will be outside.  Apparently, we are creating a little too much ruckus in the house.






No comments:

Post a Comment