Tuesday 13 March 2012

First Day of School

So it would appear that if I want to continue getting treats and toys I have to go to school.  Something was said about "you can't rely on your cuteness forever".  Last night was my first class of Obedience and I was a star if I do say so myself.  I threw out a new behavior for my mom to see and she didn't think I was very funny.  I thought that if I demand barked for treats while the teacher was talking it would be funny.  Apparently you don't get treats for that, only ignored.  I quickly figured out that if I laid down quietly I got lots of treats.  I am the youngest puppy in my class and pretty much the smartest.  We won't go into the cuteness factor because that is a given.  The instructor even used me to demo how to charge the clicker, how to teach your puppy its name for recall, hand touch, watch and sit.  Yeppers, I am pretty smart.  Seeing as I learned a lovely down last night, it is my default behavior right now.  Whatever gets me treats is what I use.  This weeks trick I need to master is ringing the bells to go outside.  I am pretty sure at going to a door to go out but not always the right door.  All four of us, me and my peeps, are learning the bell.  So far I would have to say Porter is getting the most treats because he is super awesome at learning new tricks.  I just have to figure out how to ring the bells before him!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo Arson. You are already a star!!! And adorable!

    ReplyDelete